Do you have a Cockroach problem in Sydney
At IPM Pest Control we identify the type of Cockroaches effecting your Home or Business. We implement an Environmentally friendly, effective and affordable Pest Control Treatment plan to remove any type of problem you may have, we will continue to come out to your premises until the pest problem is under control and you are 100% satisfied with the results and service.
It is not necessary to leave your Home during the treatment process with minimal disruptions to your family or business. We guarantee all domestic pest treatments for 6 months
Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures that are generally only seen during the day if there is a high population. They are scavengers, feeding on dead animal and plant matter. There are many species of cockroaches, a few of the most common ones are the German, American, Australian, Brown banded, Oriental and Smoky brown.
These cockroaches can be found in Australia and can carry diseases such Salmonella and gastro.
Cockroaches can be found in the kitchen, roof voids, sub-floor voids, warehouses, food stores, bakeries, restaurants, hospitals, factories, garages, sheds, around drains and under leaf litter or bark litter outside.
Cockroach habits and why they are in your home.
Cockroaches exploit the environment for food and shelter. Many kitchen environments can provide all year round warmth, food and shelter which may support literally thousands of cockroaches.
Cockroaches contaminate foods and food preparation areas with droppings, casts skins, empty egg cases, dead cockroaches, vomit and odors caused by abdominal secretions.
Infestations of cockroaches are generally regarded as a threat to human health.
What you can do to prevent further infestations.
- A very high level of sanitation and hygiene, which will reduce the food and shelter available to the cockroaches. This involves cleaning-up after food handling should be immediate, thorough and regular. Dishes and utensils should not be left unwashed overnight. Pet food bowls should not be left overnight.
- Water availability should be kept to a minimum. Do not leave water containers or leave accumulated water (ie leaky tap water from cleaning activities).
- Foods should be stored in tight containers. Cereals, flours, meats and all other food materials should be kept in the refrigerator or in containers that can be tightly stored.
- Garbage should be sealed in tightly closed containers.
Where possible cracks and crevices that may harbor cockroaches should be filled in. All entry points around pipes, through floors and walls.
- All equipment should be kept above ground level where possible to avoid waste build up.
- Regular clean up of longer term build up of waste foods (eg. grease accumulation around stove and vents, or split food materials.
Cockroach treatment preparation.
All crockery and cutlery should be removed from the cupboards and they should be placed on a table and covered. The cupboard should then be wiped clean.
- All rubbish should be removed and the grease cleaned off stoves.
- All personal belongings and children’s toys should be picked up off the floor.
- After the treatment all crockery and cutlery should be placed straight back into the cupboard and the
cupboard should not be wiped.
If you do have a cockroach problem please use the tips above then Contact IPM Pest Control Immediately on 0451 666 667 or contact us online now to arrange an inspection immediately for removal.